Stirling Musical Instrument Lending Library (MILL)
Stirling mill partnership
The Quinte West Public Library Trenton Branch has partnered with the Stirling Musical Instrument Lending Library (MILL) which is based at the Stirling-Rawdon Public Library. We are very excited to be able to offer the following services to Quinte West residents:
- registering as a MILL patron.
- picking up and dropping off instruments in Trenton.
You can find out all about the wonderful resources available through the MILL at their website.
Print a copy of their registration form.
The Stirling Musical Instrument Lending Library (M.I.L.L.) is located on the upper floor of the Stirling-Rawdon Public Library.
43 West Front Street, P.O. Box 730, Stirling, Ontario, K0K 3E0.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday: 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
There are several ways to Register as Stirling MILL patron:
- You can print a copy the registration form from the Stirling MILL website, fill in the information and take the registration form to the Stirling MILL or any of the Partner Libraries including the Quinte West Public Library (Trenton Branch):
- Go to the Quinte West Public Library (Trenton Branch) and fill out a Registration Form.
Type of Membership
Patron Registration – Resident Cost
MILL Patron 1
$30 per annum
1 instrument loan per card
MILL Patron 2
$50 per annum
2 instrument loans per card
MILL Patron 3
$70 per annum
3 instrument loans per card
Payment for a new membership or renewal of a membership can be made using Cash, Cheque or E-transfer.
Patron must show proof of an E-transfer.
A wide range of instruments are available to be borrowed from the Stirling MILL.
Borrow a musical instrument! The Stirling MILL collection includes guitars, keyboards, violins, flutes, trumpets and more, and it’s growing to meet the needs and interest of our community. Instrument loans for 6 weeks; an extended loan period is available for music students registered in school programs or private lessons.
To borrow an instrument:
Please call: 613-661-6183
Choose an instrument through the Stirling MILL catalogue, place a hold on the instrument (you will get a phone call or email to let you know when your instrument is available … pick up and return your loan at the partner library of your choice!
An instrument loan may include:
A primary instrument (e.g.: electric guitar) plus supplementary items (e.g.: amp, cable, songbook). Each loan period is 6 weeks & loans may be renewed up to 3 times.
Overdue charges will be assessed at $1.00 per day (Maximum $5.00 per week to a total of $60.00)
The Stirling M.I.L.L welcomes donations for their collection of musical instruments and related equipment. Such as:
- Guitars (acoustic and electric): bass guitars, mandolins, banjos, ukuleles…
- Keyboards, synthesizers, accordions…
- Drums and percussion instruments (all kinds and sizes): drum kits, cymbals, cowbells, conga, djembes and cajons, tambourines and shakers
- Electronics: amplifiers, pedals, mixers, speakers, microphones, cables…
- Orchestral instruments: violins, violas, cellos, basses…
- Band instruments: brass and woodwinds…
- Accessories of all kinds: tuners, music stands, instrument stands, capos, drumsticks/brushes, music books, sheet music…
Help us share the joy of music. You can drop off your donations at the Stirling MILL or any of the partner libraries.
“Deed of Gift” form to be filled out with donation.
Financial contributions of any amount are always welcome.
The Stirling MILL actively recruits volunteers interested in working with a dynamic & creative organization.
If interested in volunteering please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about volunteering please check out the Stirling MILL’s Volunteer Page.
The MILL hosts fundraising concerts and events. Follow the MILL on social media to learn more.