Quinte West Library On the Go
Access Quinte West Library On The Go from your Android phone, Tablet, iPhone or iPad.
Manage your account, search the catalogue, renew and reserve books.
Download the App using the App Store or Play Store.
Once you have downloaded the App check out the following things you can do.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select Sign In.
- Enter you library card number* and your PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number)
- Tap Login.
- Instead of entering your library card number, you can select Scan Barcode, allow the app to access your phone’s camera, then scan your library card barcode using your phone camera. This will take you to the app’s home screen menu.
Manage Your Account
- From the Home screen, select “My Account” or tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- On this screen you can access your Checkouts and Holds.
Renew a Title
- Tap Checkouts. Tap the title you would like to renew then tap the green Renew button
- If you would like to renew all of your checkouts, you can select Renew All.
Modify a Hold
- Tap Holds. Here you can view the titles you have on hold.
Items Being_Held means the item is ready for you to pick up.
- Tap a title to see the pickup by date (if it’s ready) or your position in the waitlist queue.
- View item will take you to the item’s catalogue page. You can cancel, suspend or change the pickup location of the hold.
- You can add additional accounts to the app if you have multiple cardholders in your household.
- Select Linked Accounts, then Add.
- Enter the library barcode number and pin of the account you are adding and tap Link. You will now be able to toggle between your linked accounts
Search Digital Content Only
- To search only eBooks and eAudiobooks, select eBooks & eAudio from the home screen.
- Enter the title, author or series in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- To filter results by format (i.e. eBooks or eAudiobooks), tap Format at the bottom of the screen, then select your preference.
- Tap on the title you would like to borrow to see borrowing or hold options.
Borrow Digital Content
- Libby eBooks and eAudiobooks can be borrowed directly from the Quinte West Library On The Go App. Select Borrow or Place Hold depending on the title’s availability. Access the content in the Libby app.
- Hoopla eBooks and eAudiobooks can only be borrowed using the Hoopla mobile app or on the Hoopla website on a computer web browser.
Scan ISBN Barcode
If you happen to be holding a physical book and you would like to know if Quinte West Public Library has a copy:
- Select Scan ISBN Barcode on the app home screen and allow the app to access your camera.
- Use your phone’s camera to scan the ISBN Barcode on the back of the book.
- If the book is in the library’s collection, the catalogue record will appear automatically.