Talking Book Program
The following information is needed to sign up for the Talking Book Program:
- Phone Number
- Library Card Number (if you do not a card we will create one for you)
- Alternate Contact Name and Phone Number (person who will pick up and deliver your items to you)
- CNIB # (if you have one)
- How often you would like to pick up or have your items picked? (example – every week, every 2 weeks, once a month) This can be changed according to your needs.
- How many Books on CD you would like for that time period?
- What your interests are? (Genre, Favourite Authors etc.)
- What you don’t like to listen to?
- Do you have a Daisy Reader? (these can be purchased through the CNIB)
Once you are registered for the program the program coordinator will choose items for you based on your interests.
We will let you or your alternate contact know when the first bag is ready to go. After that there should always be a bag ready for pick up according to the time period you stated at the time of registration.
The library does have Daisy Readers that we loan to our Talking Book Program patrons. (subject to availability)
These Readers can be loaned for a 3 month period.
The Daisy Readers play all Daisy Books as well as regular Books on CD.
The Centre for Equitable Library Access, CELA, is Canada’s comprehensive accessible reading service, providing books and other materials to Canadians with print disabilities in the formats of their choice. A national not-for-profit organization, CELA is fully funded to serve 97% of the estimated 3 million Canadians with print disabilities in partnership with member public libraries and we offer a digital-only service to those in non-funded areas. CELA provides access to 800,000 professionally produced titles to provide people with print disabilities with a quality library experience.
For more information regarding CELA please go to their website.
For more information about the Talking Book Program, please contact Lainie