My Online Account
To Log into My Account or To Search Our Catalogue.
Your Online Account
Setting Up Your Account
Select Login / Register and enter your library card and pin and follow the prompts to get started. You will be prompted to create a username that will be visible to anyone who can see your account activity. You can change your username at any time. Once your account is set up you can login with either your card number or your username.
- As you complete the registration, be aware of any messaging on the page about why certain information is being collected.
- Instructional Video: Bibliocommons -Set up
All of your account information, settings, current checkouts, holds, fines, and more can be found in your Library Dashboard. It is the one place to see everything to do with your account.
This is where you can change your:
- email address
- account preferences
New Features Available With Your Online Account
- You can track your reading
- See your borrowing history
- Rate or comment on anything in the catalogue
- Follow lists made by the library and other users
Item availability is now easier than ever to see with colour coded text: Green for available items and red for items that you’ll have to place on hold.
Renewing Library Materials
Items may be renewed in person, by telephone or by logging into the library’s online catalogue.
All items may be renewed for up to three loan periods with the following exceptions:
- the item is on hold for another patron
- the patron has $20.00 or more in fines on their card
- Renewal of Interlibrary Loan items must be requested through the Interlibrary Loan coordinator at least four days before the due date.
Find What You Are Looking For
- Searching for items in our collection has never been easier. Simply type what you’re looking for into the search bar at the top of the page and get the most relevant results first.
- Results are now grouped to show all of the formats we have available.
- Smart search recognizes common search terms like”movies” or “new books” and automatically applies the filters you need to get great search results.
- Filter your results using the options on the left-hand side of the screen to help narrow things down.
How to Request a Library Item
- Go to the library’s online catalogue.
- Log into your account – you will be asked for your library card number and a pin number which is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- Search the the catalogue for the item you would like to request.
- Once you find the item you would like click – Place Hold.
- Choose the library branch that you would like pick up at.
- Click – Place hold again
You will receive notification when the item is available or you can call the library 613-394-3381 and we will make the requests for you.
For Items Not Found in the Catalogue
Newly Published Items – Click suggest a title for purchase. Fill out the form and the item will be considered for purchase.
Older Published Items – Click Learn about Interlibrary loans. Fill out the form and we will try to borrow it from another library in Ontario.
What You Need to Know About Privacy
This catalogue has a lot of great features that allow you to share what you’re reading, watching, and loving from the library. But before you get started it’s important to understand what you’re sharing with everyone else and what is being kept private. Make sure you review your privacy settings as soon as you create your account.
The Following Items are Always Private
Current checkouts, holds and fines. Your PIN/Password, and borrowing history even if you’ve enabled it.
Send Us Your Feedback
At the bottom of any catalogue webpage there is a Submit Feedback button that allows you to send us direct feedback. We read every comment and thank you for taking the time to talk to us.